The Family Service Directory gives information, advice and guidance on services and activities in your local area for children, young people, and families. It's also known as the FSD, or FIS.
The FSD website has lots of different information about family life.
- The childcare section covers things like playgroups; nurseries; childminders; and out of school clubs.
- The health section covers things like doctors, dentists, and opticians; sexual health; counselling; health visitors; and contraception.
- The home and family section covers things like Children's Centres; fostering and adoption; BME support services; domestic abuse; housing; and LGBT support services.
- The learning, training, and employment section covers things like early education; primary and secondary schools; further and higher education (college and university); employment agencies; and volunteering.
- The leisure, sport and family activities section covers things like museums; libraries; parks; dance, music, and drama groups; and sports.
- The young people section covers things like bullying and online safety; jobs and training; life skills; things to do; and health.
- The your rights, money and the law section covers things like legal matters; solicitors; money advice; and benefits.
- The Local Offer - support and activities available for young people in Middlesbrough with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) - is also included.