Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Social Care and Support Icon

Housing support and money advice

If you're living in a rented property and you're having problems - for example, you're finding it hard to pay your rent, or you're at risk of being evicted -  there are a number of organisations which might be able to help.

Cleveland Housing Advice Centre

The Cleveland Housing Advice Centre offers advice on problems with welfare benefits, housing, and debt. All of their services are free.

They can check what benefits you can claim, and help you to fill in the application forms.

They'll speak to your landlord about disrepair, rent arrears, and illegal eviction for you. They can also work with agencies to agree plans for you to repay your debts.

To find out more, call 01642 254544, or email

Housing Solutions team

If you're at risk of being evicted from your rented accommodation, or you're already homeless, the Housing Solutions team can help you. They'll give you advice on how to find new accommodation, or discuss any problems you're having with your landlord or mortgage lender.

If you're evicted, they'll try to provide you with temporary accommodation if there's no other suitable housing available.

To find out more, call the Housing Solutions team on 01642 726800.

North Star welfare benefit advice

If you're a tenant of North Star Housing Group, a welfare benefit service is available. The team can help you to maximise your income by helping with benefit enquiries, and applying for benefits or grants on your behalf.

To find out more, call 03000 110011 and ask for the welfare benefit service.

Preventing Repossession Fund

The council, along with Thirteen Housing Group and Conduit, have a Preventing Repossession Fund. It aims to prevent homelessness caused by repossession or eviction.

The fund can help if you own your home and are struggling with your mortgage payments, or if you live in a rented property and through no fault of your own, you're struggling to pay your rent and are at risk of eviction.

To find out more, call Thirteen's homeless and housing advice team on 0300 111 1000.

Thirteen Money Advice Team

If you're a tenant of Thirteen Housing Group, you can contact their Money Advice Team. They'll do a full benefit check to make sure you're getting everything you’re entitled to, as well as offering support with any welfare benefit problems.

To find out more, email or call 0300 111 1000 and ask for the Money Advice Team.

Unclaimed Benefit Campaign

The Unclaimed Benefit Campaign and Hub Advice Service can help you find out about any benefits you're entitled to but aren't getting. They can carry out benefit checks and help you to fill in application forms for benefits. The service is free.

To find out more, call 01642 802303.

Report it