Looking for warm spaces?
If you're looking for places you can go to keep warm this winter, visit the warm spaces page.
Staying Put Agency
Cold winter weather is a big concern to many older, vulnerable, and disabled people, and often they don't know how to get help and support.
We can help you by providing:
- winter warmth essentials, like fleeces, blankets, hats, gloves, and shoe grippers
- boiler servicing and repairs
- emergency loan heaters
- practical advice and support
For help, contact the Staying Put Agency by calling 0800 5875 184 or emailing email@example.com.
You can also check out their top 10 tips for staying warm during the winter.
Local advice about gas and electricity
Middlesbrough Affordable Warmth Partnership gives free and independent advice on your household energy bills. This includes:
- making sure you're getting the best energy deals
- help with applying for the Warm Homes Discount and Priority Services Register
- arranging payment plans
- help with applying for fuel debt write-offs
- energy saving advice
- checking your eligibility for boiler replacement and insulation schemes
- referrals for emergency heating, benefit checks, and more
For more information, call the Freephone line on 0800 3047084 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Safe and Warm
The Cleveland Fire Brigade Stay Safe and Warm scheme is free, and open to anyone living in Cleveland. No age restrictions apply.
Through the scheme, you can borrow heaters and other equipment as needed (after a free home assessment). So whether you have a short-term problem like a boiler breakdown, or an ongoing heating issue, they can help.
Call 01429 874063 for help. The line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and they aim to respond within an hour of being contacted.
The Energy Saving Trust website has advice on: