Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Report it

Register a food premises or feed establishment

✵ Christmas is coming! Don't miss the Magical Middlesbrough parade this Sunday from 1pm. ✵

Most types of food business must be registered with the council, including restaurants, cafes, hotels, shops, canteens, and market stalls, as well as temporary premises such as mobile catering and food delivery vans.

If you have more than one establishment you'll need to register all of them. Registration isn't transferable, so if a food premises changes ownership, the new owner must complete a new food premises registration.

Registration is free.

Register a food business

You can apply to register your food business online.

For more information or advice please contact:

Environmental Health & Trading Standards Team
Public Protection
PO Box 505
Civic Centre

If there's a change to your food business after registration has been processed, please contact the Environmental Health Team to let them know.

Apply for food premises approval

Some premises may need specific approval before trading, including businesses that manufacture food for sale to other businesses using raw meat, poultry, dairy, fish, eggs, and products that contain animal proteins. Foodstuffs that are made in unapproved premises cannot be placed on the market.

You can apply for approval of your food business online.

Alternatively, complete the application form and return it to the above address.

If you're not sure whether your business requires approval please contact:

Environmental Health Team
Phone: 01642 726001

Register an animal feed establishment

To register a feed establishment please contact:

Trading Standards Team
Phone: 01642 726001

Read more about animal feed business requirements.