We're releasing dates for the collection of old green bins one week at a time. View this week and next week's dates

Home chevron_right Environmental issues chevron_right Skips


We control the use, type, and placing of skips on roads and highways. A skip licence is needed before a skip can be placed on a road or highway.

Only registered skip companies can apply for and be issued with a licence.

If the skip is placed on a driveway or private land, the company does not need a skip licence.

You can use Report It to let us know about problems with skips on roads or highways.

Alternatively you can call the Environment Contact Centre on 01642 726001.