What are Intermediate Care Services?
Intermediate Care Services in Middlesbrough provide a range of services designed to bridge the gap between primary/community care and hospital services.
The service is for people who need rehabilitation, enabling them to achieve a level of independence which would not be possible otherwise.
Intermediate Care Services in Middlesbrough support adults by:
- preventing avoidable admissions to hospital or long-term care
- assisting the safe and prompt discharge from hospital
- promoting independent living and rehabilitation
To access the services provided you must be:
- a resident of Middlesbrough
- 18 or over
- willing to take part in rehabilitation services and willing to consent to referral