These term dates are only for maintained schools (a school run by the council). Term dates and holiday dates may be different for academies, voluntary aided schools or Foundation Special schools. This is because the school's governing body or trust board are responsible for setting the school's term dates.
Please contact your school or check their website to be certain of your school's term dates as they may be different from these.
Term dates 2019-2020
- Term five: Monday 20 April 2020 to Friday 22 May 2020
- May half term: Monday 25 May 2020 to Friday 29 May 2020
(including Monday 25 May Bank Holiday)
- Term six: Monday 1 June 2020 to Monday 20 July 2020
- Summer holiday: Tuesday 21 July 2020 to Monday 31 August 2020
(including Monday 31 August Bank Holiday)
Term dates 2020-2021
- Term one: Tuesday 1 September 2020 to Friday 23 October 2020
- October half term: Monday 26 October 2020 to Friday 30 October 2020
- Term two: Monday 2 November 2020 to Friday 18 December 2020
- Christmas holiday: Monday 21 December 2020 to Friday 1 January 2020
(including Friday 25 December, Monday 28 December, and Friday 1 January Bank Holidays)
- Term three: Monday 4 January 2021 to Friday 12 February 2021
- February half term: Monday 15 February 2021 to Friday 19 February 2021
- Term four: Monday 22 February 2021 to Friday 26 March 2021
- Easter holiday: Monday 29 March 2021 to Friday 9 April 2021
(including Friday 2 April and Monday 5 April Bank Holidays)
- Term five: Monday 12 April 2021 to Friday 28 May 2021
- May half term: Monday 31 May 2021 to Friday 4 June 2021
(including Monday 31 May Bank Holiday)
- Term six: Monday 7 June 2021 to Tuesday 20 July 2021
- Summer holiday: Wednesday 21 July 2021 to Tuesday 31 August 2021
CONSULTATION ON PROPOSED SCHOOL TERM AND HOLIDAY DATES 2021-22 AND 2022-23 (ENDS 30th SEPTEMBER)
The Local Authority wishes to consult with parents, schools and other stakeholders on the proposed school term dates for 2021-22 and 2022-23. The attached document presents two alternative models for each year (option 1 and option 2).
Please consider the alternative models for both years and send your comments or preferences to Trevor Dunn, Head of Access to Education at the following email address by 30th September 2020 firstname.lastname@example.org.
The final decision on term dates will be taken following receipt and consideration of your comments and will be published on this website.
Professional development (PD) days
Up to five days per school year will be used as professional development days (PD days) for staff. On those days, pupils will not attend school.
Each school is responsible for deciding when their PD days will be. The school will then let parents know these dates. We don't publish dates of PD days for schools.