- For professionals, an introduction to attachment and the implications for learning and behaviour is a valuable training resource around attachment.
- The aim of ‘attachment aware’ schools and communities is to create places in which all children and young people experience the nurturing environments they need to grow and achieve.
- The Attachment Research Community (ARC) promotes mental health and wellbeing through attachment aware and trauma aware approaches in education.
Corporate parenting and local authority resources
- The if this were my child: a councillor's guide to being a good corporate parent booklet explains the key role councillors play in corporate parenting.
- The guidance on the education of children and young people in public care document assists local authorities to safeguard and promote the education and well-being of children and young people in public care.
- The Applying corporate parenting principles to looked-after children and care leavers guidance helps local authorities consider the kinds of services that may be offered with regard to the corporate parenting principles.
Looked after children / children in care
- The Social Exclusion Unit report on a better education for children in care offers suggestions around how to help children in care to realise their academic potential
- The supporting looked after learners: a practical guide for school governors offers advice around how to ensure schools are supporting looked after children at all stages of their education.
- Promoting the Achievement of Looked After Children (PALAC) is a Knowledge Exchange programme that seeks to support practice in schools to improve outcomes for students in care.