Benefits and Council Tax Icon

Change in personal details

If your personal details change, you'll need to tell us.

A change in your personal details could be any of the following:

  • A change in your name - through marriage, divorce or deed poll.

  • A change in your personal status - i.e. becoming, or stopping being, a student or carer

You'll need to provide proof of the changes, e.g. a marriage certificate.

You should also inform us if the information we hold about you is incorrect, e.g. your name is spelt wrong or your date of birth is incorrect.

Complete the change of personal details online form.