Home chevron_right Business and licensing chevron_right Licences and permits chevron_right Environmental permits

Environmental permits: Part A2 and Part B permits

We are legally required to regulate certain types of businesses which produce pollution. This is to reduce any pollution they cause and help to improve air quality. Under the law, any type of premises which produces pollution is called an 'installation'. Businesses which operate an installation must have a permit.

There are two different types of installations:

  • Part A2
  • Part B

Find out more about Part A2 installations or Part B installations via GOV.UK.

You can use Part A2 and Part B application forms to apply for a permit for a Part A2 or Part B installation under the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010 ('the EP Regulations'), SI 2007/3538.

Find 'Part A2' & 'Part B' application fees.

For more information, visit Defra.

Completed applications should be sent to:

Environmental Protection Team
Phone: 01642 726001