Central Library is located in the centre of Middlesbrough, on Centre Square, close to Middlesbrough Town Hall.
The library was opened in 1912 following a generous donation by Dr. Andrew Carnegie and an offer of land owned by Sir Hugh Bell and Alderman Hinton JP. The magnificent building is Grade II listed and retains many original features including the fixtures in the Reference Library.
Central Library is the centrepiece of Middlesbrough's wider library offer and plays host to numerous cultural events throughout the year.
The library provides:
- access to library services
- access to reference services including local and family history
- information on local public services
- free access to the internet and Wi-Fi
- space for community meetings and activities
- early years and youth services, activities and support
- photocopying, printing and fax facilities
Address: Centre Square, Middlesbrough, TS1 2AY
Phone: 01642 729002
Monday: 9am to 5pm
Tuesday: 9am to 5pm
Wednesday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 5pm
Saturday: 9am to 5pm