Home chevron_right Leisure, culture, and parks chevron_right Teesside Archives chevron_right Research service chevron_right Complex research enquiries (up to 3 hours)

Research service

Complex research enquiries (up to 3 hours)

An experienced member of staff will carry out your research and provide a full research report including copies (either by post or email) of relevant documents where possible.

The charge is £30 per hour or part of an hour (minimum 1 hour), including VAT. The maximum amount of research we can undertake is 3 hours. When we respond to your initial enquiry, we'll be able to give you an idea of how long we expect your research to take.

Complex research enquiries may take up to 15 working days to complete. We carry out searches in the order that they're received. If you've asked for your research report and any copies to be sent to you by post, please allow an extra 5 days for delivery.

Copies of research sources

Where possible, your research report will include a photocopy, print, or watermarked scan of the entry. You can choose from the following options:

  • black and white photocopies or prints - up to 12 single-sided A4 sheets, or 6 single-sided A3 sheets
  • colour photocopies or prints - up to 4 single-sided A4 sheets, or 2 single-sided A3 sheets
  • watermarked scan - up to 8 images


  • 1 hour - £30
  • 1 hour and 30 minutes - £45
  • 2 hours - £60
  • 2 hours and 30 minutes - £75
  • 3 hours - £100

Additional charges

Extra fees will be charged for:

  • extra photocopies or other reprographic service charges (please see our list of fees and charges)
  • reproduction fees for using images or quotes in publications, on the internet, or in broadcasts
  • scans or digital images without a watermark
  • extra postage and packing

Pay for research services

The quickest way is to pay for your research services online.

Please note, all research and copies of documents are for private research purposes only. If you want to publish any of the information provided - for example, in a publication, book, website, social media, video etc. - you'll need to contact us to get a licence. Additional charges may apply.